Saturday, October 20, 2012

Week 42 Review: Shadows

From Goodreads:
The Apocalypse does not end. The Changed will grow in numbers. The Spared may not survive.

Even before the EMPs brought down the world, Alex was on the run from the demons of her past and the monster living in her head. After the world was gone, she believed Rule could be a sanctuary for her and those she’d come to love.

But she was wrong.

Now Alex is in the fight of her life against the adults, who would use her, the survivors, who don't trust her, and the Changed, who would eat her alive. 

My Review:
Gah, this was a fantastic book! Long, and again, made it more my thing, because more book! And so much happens in this book! It was just utterly fantastic! This is what it means when the world is falling to pieces!

After that cliffhanger of Ashes, well, I was really excited to read this book! And it didn't disappoint, there were a ton of high notes, and a ton of low notes, and together, they made a beautiful song of a book! Spectacular!

It did suck that we didn't see Ellie, because we've been wanting Alex, Tom, and Ellie back together, but hopefully that'll happen in the 3rd book, if they don't die before then! Because it's coming close to a lot of these characters, what with all the developments in this book!

Oh, that ending! I think that's even worse then Ashes, because Alex and Tom were so close together-and then they weren't. It was just so, so close, and then it ended, and oh, boy, was that a cliffhanger! A very evil, compelling, intense cliffhanger!

Yeah, loved this book so, so, much, and I can't wait for the final book!

Author: Ilsa J. Bick
Series: Ashes Trilogy #2
Read: October 16th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a 2012 Dystopian novel!
Publisher: EgmontUSA
Published: September 25th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
5/5 Stars



No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!