Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 43 Review: Dark Eden

From Goodreads:
Fifteen-year-old Will Besting is sent by his doctor to Fort Eden, an institution meant to help patients suffering from crippling phobias. Once there, Will and six other teenagers take turns in mysterious fear chambers and confront their worst nightmares—with the help of the group facilitator, Rainsford, an enigmatic guide. When the patients emerge from the chamber, they feel emboldened by the previous night's experiences. But each person soon discovers strange, unexplained aches and pains. . . . What is really happening to the seven teens trapped in this dark Eden?

My Review:
Wow, was this a really creepy book! And the realization that things were planned, that Will's treatment was supposed to be like that, well, it was really, really chill-bump inducing. The idea sounds really inciting!

But I have to say, that while I finished this book, I didn't really enjoy it, or really connect to the characters, and I confess to skimming more then half of the middle, just because, I dunno, it didn't really hold my attention, and it was due back, and I had other books that I wanted to read.

So while I think that it was a pretty OK book, I didn't enjoy it. Not to say that others wouldn't, I think that lots of people would love this book, it just wasn't for me. So hopefully other people really enjoyed it!

The whole idea of it sounds really horrible in real life, but would've made for a really great book! But the execution, something about it just didn't work for me, and yeah, that sucks, but there's nothing I can do about it! I just don't have to read it!

This book was really weird, and I wish I enjoyed it, but oh, well!

Author: Patrick Carman
Series: Dark Eden #1
Read: October 20th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Published: November 1st 2011
4/5 Hearts
0/5 Books
1/5 Stars


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!