Saturday, October 6, 2012

Week 40 Review: Dark Victory

From Goodreads:
Magda Lazarus was a reluctant witch until the dire threat of Nazi Germany convinced her to assume the mantle of her family's ancient powers. But though this young, beautiful Jewish woman has fought off Hitler's SS werewolves and the demon who would rule through the Führer, she has been unable to prevent the outbreak of World War II.

As long as Magda can summon spirits, there is still a chance to save people from the dire threat of the Holocaust. Her family's guardian angel, Raziel, stands beside her in the battle against the human and supernatural forces of evil arrayed against her people and all of Europe.

In Michele Lang's Dark Victory, as the Nazis prepare to invade Poland, Magda and her beloved Raziel marshal their own army, a supernatural force that will battle Hitler's minions to the death…or beyond.

My Review:
So reading this book, was really fantastic! I didn't know when I read the first book that it was a series, and then I found this book, I just had to read it! And it was really fantastic, being in this world again with these characters again, with all these things happening!

I loved what was going on this book! There was just a lot of it, like Magda's trip to England, and meeting the Prime Minister, oh, what's his name, uh, Winston Churchill (I had to look it up!) and all the things that had to happen for that meeting to occur. And the the meeting itself!

Then there's the problem of Asmodel. The situation there was pretty crappy, and Magda had a bit of a hard time making decisions, because the consequences would be so big. And Raziel had a pretty big decision in this book, too, which was really great to read!

This is probably going to be a trilogy. Because oh, it ended with things not wrapped up at all! And yeah, I'm glad for that! The way the first ended, I wasn't sure if there was going to be a sequel. But this one ended in a way, that I'm almost 100% sure that there's going to be a sequel. Well, Goodreads says there's going to be one!

Such a fantastic, great book, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Michelle Lang
Series: Lady Lazarus #2
Read: September 30th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a WTC book and a RR Book!
Publisher: Tor Books
Published: January 17th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

4/5 Stars


1 comment:

  1. I grew up in a military family and this sounds like a really interesting book.
    PS. I'm also Canadian :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!