Saturday, October 27, 2012

Week 43 Review: Scent of Magic

From Goodreads:
Hunted, Killed—Survived?

As the last Healer in the Fifteen Realms, Avry of Kazan is in a unique position: in the minds of her friends and foes alike, she no longer exists. Despite her need to prevent the megalomanical King Tohon from winning control of the Realms, Avry is also determined to find her sister and repair their estrangement. And she must do it alone, as Kerrick, her partner and sole confident, returns to Alga to summon his country into battle.

Though she should be in hiding, Avry will do whatever she can to support Tohon's opponents. Including infiltrating a holy army, evading magic sniffers, teaching forest skills to soldiers and figuring out how to stop Tohon's most horrible creations yet; an army of the walking dead—human and animal alike and nearly impossible to defeat.

War is coming and Avry is alone. Unless she figures out how to do the impossible ... again.

My Review:
I loved this book so much! And I'm so lucky that I got this book from NetGalley, because if I hadn't, then I would've had an extra wait for it, because I got Touch of Power from NetGalley! So yeah, that's a great thing! And I'm officially making all Maria V. Snyder books linked to Haven't Had Enough by Marianas Trench!

I loved being with these characters again! I really enjoyed them in Touch, but I read Touch so fast, and then it was over, so then having this, it was just so good! And things happen! Which of course, is expected, seeing as it's a book and all! And as a bonus, we get the POV of both Avry and Kerrick!

I was so excited to read this book. And it delivered back an excellent, amazing book for every moment of waiting for it! There were so many revelations in this book, of what was going on, which just means more is going to happen in the next book! And there was pain, but it was kinda the pain that needs to happen, you know? For more things to happen because of it, and if there was any other way, there wouldn't be pain?

Such a good ending! Such a cliffhanger! And it was just exactly what we needed, but there's a catch. We don't know if a very beloved character is alive or not! And that, that worry is going to be taken to the extreme, I just know it!

Such an amazing, incredible, Maria V. Sndyer, book! Loved it to bits! I want Taste of Death now! (Edited to add, Taste of Darkness, now!)

Author: Maria V. Snyder
Series: Healer #2
Read: October 26th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love Maria V. Snyder's writings, and loved Touch of Magic! Can't wait for Taste of Death! Taste of Darkness now!
Publisher: Mira
Expected Publication: December 18th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!