Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Chosen Ones: Review

From Goodreads:
Life is bleak but uncomplicated for sixteen-year-old Tess, living in a not-too-distant future where the government, faced with humanity's extinction, created the Chosen Ones, artificial beings who are extraordinarily beautiful, unbelievably strong, and unabashedly deadly. 

When Tess begins work at Templeton, a Chosen Ones training facility, she meets James, and the attraction is immediate in its intensity, overwhelming in its danger. But there is more to Templeton than Tess ever knew. Can she stand against her oppressors, even if it means giving up the only happiness in her life?

My Review:
Oh, reading this book was really fantastic! I'm so glad that I got a chance to read it, because yeah, it was just so fantastic and unique! And a pretty bleak dystopian, if humans are dying out that they created the Chosen Ones to replace us!

So Tess has seen the downfall of the human race, her parents died, and then her sister died because she got pregnant. But there's secrets in this world, secrets that Tess is directly involved in, though it takes a little while for her to realize that!

I loved the relationship between Tess and James, because it's supposed to be forbidden, love, the Chosen Ones are allowed lust, but not love, and James has some other secrets, and things were complicated, and it was so good!

Then that ending! Oh, man, all the twists there! From her escape, her knowledge that she can have kids, that she's one of the rare ones who can do so, and not die, and the fact that James has to go back, and her sister's love is a Chosen One, yeah, that was a big ending! Loved it!

I just enjoyed this book so, so much, and I just want more! And yeah that we do get more!

Author: Tiffany Truitt
Series: The Lost Souls #1
Read: March 13th, 2013
Source: For Review
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Entangled Publishing, LLC
Published: June 12th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!