Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 11 Review: The Eternity Cure

From Goodreads:
Allison Sekemoto has vowed to rescue her creator, Kanin, who is being held hostage and tortured by the psychotic vampire Sarren. The call of blood leads her back to the beginning—New Covington and the Fringe, and a vampire prince who wants her dead yet may become her wary ally.

Even as Allie faces shocking revelations and heartbreak like she’s never known, a new strain of the Red Lung virus that decimated humanity is rising to threaten human and vampire alike.

My Review:
Oh, wow, what a great book! So good, and while we weren't with most of the gang from Immortal Rules, we did have Allie, Zeke, Jackal, and Kanin near the end, and yeah, they were a team that could fight!!! And by fight, I mean they usually decimated those with Rabidism or Red Lung, the mutated version, of course!!

I loved that Jackal became something of a character that we could read about, like that annoying older or younger brother that just gets on your nerves, that was Jackal to Allie, over time in the book, as they journeyed together to find Kanin, and a cure for basically all the human/vampire diseases, Red Lung, Rabidism, and yeah, what he does, just proves that while we might love to hate some characters, doesn't mean that they're all good or all bad!

Stick, Stick, Stick. I think I really grew to hate him in this book, he saved her mom's book, gives it back to her, but threatens her life, thinks everything is about him, and then lets Sarren into the main building, where he kidnaps Zeke. Not the right way to go, Stick!

Zeke! Poor Zeke! First he gets the new Red Lung, then he survives, which means that the cure for the mutated version is in his veins. But then he gets kidnapped by Sarren, and tortured, and killed and Sarren recorded it so Allie could listen. But I guessed that he was made into a vampire, because it would hurt both of them, Allie and Zeke, and the epilogue confirmed that!

I loved loved loved this book, and I can't wait for The Forever Song to come out so I can read a bout Allie finding out that Zeke is a vampire!!

Author: Julie Kagawa
Series: Blood of Eden #2
Read: March 15th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I loved the first book, and it's a 2013 Dystopia Book and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: April 23rd 2013
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!