Saturday, March 9, 2013

Week 10 Review: The Duke Next Door

From Goodreads:
The dangerously beautiful Deirdre Cantor is determined to inherit her grandfather's vast fortune. All she needs is to marry a duke...and be the first granddaughter to walk down the aisle. After all, she has always dreamed of becoming a member of the "haute ton," So when the proper Calder Marbrook, the Marquis of Brookhaven and future Duke of Brookmoor, is abandoned at the altar, Deirdre makes it her business to become his wife--in spite of the whispers about his past. Soon Deirdre's visions of a lavish existence with the handsome Calder are shattered when she learns his shocking secret. Feeling betrayed, Deirdre seeks revenge by playing a perilous and seductive game of cat and mouse with her husband that threatens to drive them both to the heights of passion. She will not surrender to him, no matter how great her desire. But at what cost? Calder is determined to keep his secret under lock and key--and to make his stunning wife his in every way that matters. Even if it means winning her heart all over again... 

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! I'm so glad for that library mistake on the site, that led me to reading the first book, because that lead me to reading this book, and soon to reading the third book, because they've just been so good! I enjoyed them so much!

I really enjoyed reading Deirdre's perspective! She was in the last book, and I wanted to know more about her, and got the opportunity in this book, and yeah, that was a great chance! She was a totally different person then who was seen in the last book!

There were also the running stories from the last book, of the maid and the butler, where there's an attraction, but each thinks they aren't appropriate for the other, and it's just so sweet to read about! And the relationship between Sophie and Graham! I can't wait for her book!

Loved how this book ended! There were secrets that were revealed, and there was love, and it was just such a great ending! I loved where they ended up, because they were truly happy there, and I enjoyed that a lot!

Really great book, and great sequel, and I just need to read more!

Author: Celeste Bradley
Series: Heiress Brides #2
Read: March 4th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 book, and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Thorndike Press
Published: April 15th 2008
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!