Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 11 Review: Duke Most Wanted

From Goodreads:
Sophie Blake's grandfather willed his fortune to the first of his granddaughters to marry a duke. Since her cousin, Deirdre, will seal the deal any day now, the quiet, bookish Sophie can sit back and enjoy her time with the only man she truly adores: Graham. No matter that the part charmer, part scoundrel has absolutely no designs on her! Sophie is content to engage Graham in lively conversation, beat him at cards. . .and probe at the darkness hiding behind his rakish smile. Then Graham unexpectedly gains a title, an estate in near ruins and a mountain of debt. If there is any chance of survival he must find a rich wife--quickly. As his hunt for a bride begins, Sophie realizes that she isn't even in the running. Suddenly no longer content to be a wallflower, Sophie gets a stunning make-over and becomes the belle of the ball. Lots of heads are turning...including Graham's. But this beauty has secrets of her own. Will she be his salvation or seal his fate?

My Review:
I've been enjoying this series so much! And then getting to this book, and maybe finally having a girl falling in love with a guy who is a duke, well, that's an even happier ending! I enjoyed reading this book so much!

The relationship between Sophie an Graham has been in the books since the beginning, not a main part, but steadily growing, and I just loved that! They had a different connection, that was really great to read about!

I'm really glad that the ex-maid, and ex-butler got a chance to be happy! I was really glad for them, they've had a tiny part in the stories from the beginning, all this light stuff, and reading that was really fantastic! Glad that they got that!

And that big twist, that she wasn't the original Sophie, that the original Sophie had died, and then Sadie was adopted, and presented to be Sophie, well, man, that was a pretty great twist! Loved reading that, and how that changed things, and how it didn't, showed the characters character!

Really fantastic book, and such a great ending to the series! I enjoyed it so much!

Author: Celeste Bradley
Series: Heiress Brides #3
Read: March 14th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: I've enjoyed the series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2013 Book, and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book and a End of Series 2013 Book!
Publisher: Gale Cengage
Published: October 1st 2008 
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!