Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 13 Review: The Nightmare Affair

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare.

Literally.

Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy, is hard enough. But when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn't get much more embarrassing. But it does. Eli is dreaming of a murder.

Then Eli’s dream comes true.

Now Dusty has to follow the clues—both within Eli’s dreams and out of them—to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was just so good, and entertaining, and I just loved this world so much! I mean, nightmares? They're in the Soul Screamer series, but here, Dusty's the main character, and the way the world is set up, I just love it!

Dusty was just so awesome! A bit flippant, sarcastic, but strong, and wanting to the right thing, and some problems with authority, mostly because they kept her from doing what had to be doing, because they didn't understand. But there were some helpful adults!

I loved how Dusty and Eli investigated, it was just so cute! And I really enjoyed the clues, the story just flowed, and it was just a great mystery! I kinda guessed about Paul, but I didn't get the big bad in the story!

That ending! I loved how they defeated him, and learned stuff about her family, and made a better relationship with her mom, and yeah, that kiss with Eli! That was a great ending! And totally made me want to have more!

I enjoyed this book so much, and I can't wait for the sequel, it's going to be great!

Author: Mindee Arnett
Series: The Arkwell Academy #1
Read: March 26th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded good, and it's a DAC Book!
Publisher: Tor Teen
Published: March 5th, 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!