Saturday, March 9, 2013

Week 10 Review: Shiver

From Goodreads:
For years, Grace has watched the wolves in the woods behind her house. One yellow-eyed wolf--her wolf--is a chilling presence she can't seem to live without. Meanwhile, Sam has lived two lives: In winter, the frozen woods, the protection of the pack, and the silent company of a fearless girl. In summer, a few precious months of being human . . . until the cold makes him shift back again. Now, Grace meets a yellow-eyed boy whose familiarity takes her breath away. It's her wolf. It has to be. But as winter nears, Sam must fight to stay human--or risk losing himself, and Grace, forever.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book again so much! I loved the world, how the wolves work, and what we learned about them, and the possible cure, and yeah, everything else about this book, especially the characters!

I had forgotten what happened in this book. The whole thing with Isabella's brother, Jack, and how their father got the people all riled up against the wolves, yeah. Because if he knew his son was still alive, but a werewolf, yeah, I think he would've changed his mind!

The relationship between Grace and Sam, with the history of seeing each other, again and again, but only Sam really having the full story, and then their romance, was just so special to read! Made everything feel all the more real!

That Grace had that whole incident where she didn't change into a wolf, and then how they use science to try and cure Jack and Sam, that was a pretty emotional scene! And then when only Sam comes out of it, it sucks, but there still are more  books! And I can't wait to read Linger again, and Forever for the first time!

This was such a fantastic start to the series, I just really enjoy and love Maggie Stiefvater books!

Author: Maggie Stiefvater
Series: Wolves of Mercy Falls #1
Read: March 4th, 2013
Source: BookMooch
Reason Why: Sounded good, rereads, and it's a TBR Pile Book, and a BBRC Book!
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Published: August 1st 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!