Saturday, March 23, 2013

Week 12 Review: Tempted

From Goodreads:
I had everything a woman could want. …My husband, James. The house on the lake.

My life. Our perfect life.

And then Alex came to visit.

The first time I saw my husband's best friend, I didn't like him. Didn't like how James changed when he was around, didn't like how his penetrating eyes followed me everywhere.

But that didn't stop me from wanting him. And, surprisingly, James didn't seem to mind.

It was meant to be fun. Something the three of us shared for those hot summer weeks Alex stayed with us. Nobody was supposed to fall in or out of love. I didn't need another man, not even one who oozed sex like honey and knew all the secrets I didn't know, the secrets my husband hadn't shared. After all, we had a perfect life.

And I loved my husband.

But I wasn't the only one.

My Review:
This book definitely won't be for everyone. I enjoyed bits and pieces of it, but not all of it. Like, I found it truly hilarious that her husband created this situation over magazines he though she had filled out-but it turns out that his mom filled it out, she was the one that wanted that! Awkward!

The writing and the plot were really compelling! Sure, most of it was their sexual activities, but there were also things going on underneath all of that, the secrets that they were keeping, the feelings that were abound in the triangle that was created!

I have been reading some erotica books, and this is another one to add to the pile. Honestly, the genre isn't my cup of juice (since I don't like coffee or tea) but if it's written like this one was, then I'll read it, and hopefully enjoy it! And I did enjoy this book!

This is the first of the series. And I know the second book is about Alex, and his next relationship after this ends, with a lady. So it kinda gives you an idea of what happens in this book, because this ending was not all that really in the happy, resolved side! But it was a pretty great end!

I enjoyed this book quite a bit, it was really quite good!

Author: Megan Hart
Series: Alex Kennedy #1
Read: March 19th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Sounded good! And it's a JFF Book!
Publisher: Spice
Published: December 19th 2007
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!