Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 13 Review: Shadows

From Goodreads:
The last thing Dawson Black expected was Bethany Williams. As a Luxen, an alien life form on Earth, human girls are…well, fun. But since the Luxen have to keep their true identities a secret, falling for one would be insane.

Dangerous. Tempting. Undeniable.

Bethany can’t deny the immediate connection between her and Dawson. And even though boys aren’t a complication she wants, she can’t stay away from him. Still, whenever they lock eyes, she’s drawn in.

Captivated. Lured. Loved.

Dawson is keeping a secret that will change her existence...and put her life in jeopardy. But even he can’t stop risking everything for one human girl. Or from a fate that is as unavoidable as love itself.

My Review:
Wow, I utterly loved this story! It was just so freaking great, I mean, we get to see the triplets together, and before they lost Dawson, and we got to see the before in the situation where Bethany and Dawson got kidnapped, and yeah, how they got to that point!

Because hey, Bethany's the one who's been missing for a year in Obsidian, and the one that Katy sees, and the niece to Dr. Michaels, Bethany's uncle Will. Who is just a bad guy! You could almost feel sorry for him, a doctor who had cancer, but then yeah, then he does his thing with Bethany and Dawson. Bad!

It was so awesome to be able to read Bethany and Dawson's story, even if it ended on such a bad note, the pain, and the darkness, and then Daemon and Dee being told that the couple was dead. But we know otherwise, and honestly, I'm not sure if we should be glad that they're still alive or not, seeing what they went through!

I have a bit of a question, how come Daemon can send his thoughts to Katy, but Dawson couldn't send his to Bethany until after he heals her? I is confused! Is it because Daemon has more power then Dawson? It's something that doesn't currently make sense. Guess I'll have to reread to see what details I missed, like that's a hardship!

Loved this story so freaking much, and I can't wait to read more of this series!

Author: Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: Lux #0.5
Read: March 24th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Entangled Publishing
Published: February 20th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!