Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 11 Review: Beauty Awakened

From Goodreads:
His name is Koldo. He is scarred, powerful, his control legendary-and he lives only for vengeance, determined to punish the angel who viciously removed his wings. But if he yields to the forces of hatred, he will be kicked from the heavens, eternally damned. 

She is his last hope. Nicola Lane was born with a defective heart, yet this fragile human shows surprising strength as demons stalk her every move, determined to end her. She is the key to Koldo's deliverance...and his downfall. Though he fights duty, destiny and his first addictive taste of desire, his toughest battle will be the one for Nicola's life-even if he has to sacrifice his own...

My Review:
Oh, this was such a fantastic book! I loved it, thoroughly enjoyed it, and yeah, it was just really great! I mean, so much happens, like we get to see more of what happened to Thane and his 2 friends, and the torture that they endured at the demon's hands. And of course, Nicola and Koldo had a happily ever after, which was such a great thing!

If you love and enjoy the LotU series, this, and Wicked Nights, are a must read if you read the LotU, because we learn more about the Angels and the Sent Ones, and the differences between the two (like Sent Ones are born, not created, and I think Angles can't die, while Sent Ones can) and yeah, it just has a lot of things that just richen the experience of reading these 2 series!!!

I loved these characters, they were real, they were smart, or annoying, or funny, or heart-breaking, but they were real, come off the page, paranormal creatures. And it was just amazing to read, because yeah, you slowly get to know these characters, and it's the most fantastic experience, living in their world!!!

This was an excellent book, a great 2nd book in the series, and I can't wait for the 3rd book!!!

Author: Gena Showalter
Series: Angels of the Dark #2
Read: March 13th, 2013
Source: Bought
Reason Why: I love Gena Showalter's writing, and it's a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book and a Reward Challenge Book!
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: February 26th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!