Saturday, March 16, 2013

Week 11 Review: Harbinger

From Goodreads:
When sixteen-year-old Faye arrives at Holbrook Academy, she doesn't expect to find herself exactly where she needs to be. After years of strange waking visions and nightmares, her only comfort the bones of dead animals, Faye is afraid she's going crazy. Fast.

But her first night at Holbrook, she feels strangely connected to the school and the island it sits on, like she's come home. She's even made her first real friends, but odd things keep happening to them. Every morning they wake on the floors of their dorm rooms with their hands stained red.

Faye knows she's the reason, but what does it all mean? The handsome Kel tries to help her unravel the mystery, but Faye is certain she can't trust him; in fact, he may be trying to kill her - and the rest of the world too.

Rich, compelling writing will keep the pages turning in this riveting and tautly told psychological thriller.


My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! It was different, and creepy, and just so enjoyable to read! The pages just flew, and I wished that there was more story, so I would have more to read! Maybe there could be a sequel, or a companion book, because I just want more!

Boy, oh, boy, was this a creepy and mysterious book! I just wanted to find out more about what was going on, I was interested in it, and as things started to come out, well, it got even more creepier before it got to the ending! So awesome!

The scene with the Aunt and the ball,  I thought, why didn't one of them make the Aunt do the punishment because she did talk without the ball? How do these things work if people don't follow the rules? And the painting scene, why didn't she retort something like "I wonder how Dr. Mordoch would feel about being erased, as that's her, and this is a memory, not a fantasy world." This was a book were the injustices really made my heart pound, and I wanted to do something to change it!

So when all the secrets are revealed, well, that was something else! To think of a past life, and your past self did that, and how it was misunderstood, but also that she didn't understand everything, but you have a chance to make it right, well, yeah, that was a really great ending!

Such a great book, and I can't wait to read more books by Sara Wilson Etienne!

Author: Sara Wilson Etienne
Read: March 14th, 2013
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2013 Book and a LLFL Book!
Publisher: G.P. Putnam's Sons BYR
Published: February 2nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!