Saturday, March 23, 2013

Week 12 Review: Infamous

From Goodreads:
Go to school. Get good grades. Stay out of trouble. That's the mandate for most kids. But Nick Gautier isn't the average teenager. He's a boy with a destiny not even he fully understands. And his first mandate is to stay alive while everyone, even his own father, tries to kill him.

He's learned to annihilate zombies and raise the dead, divination and clairvoyance, so why is learning to drive and keep a girlfriend so dang hard? But that isn't the primary skill he has to master. Survival is.

And in order to survive, his next lesson makes all the others pale in comparison. He is on the brink of becoming either the greatest hero mankind has ever known, or he'’ll be the one who ends the world. With enemies new and old gathering forces, he will have to call on every part of himself to fight or he'll lose everyone he cares about. Even himself.

My first review of Infamous
My Review:
This book! So good! Loved rereading it! I just love this series, and how it's going to start meshing with the Dark-Hunter one besides the obvious-the same characters, and the same world, just about 20 years earlier, and being messed around this time with future-Nick/Ambrosius trying for a different outcome.

So I basically reread this, and the rest of the series, since it's been a while, and Inferno's coming out soon, and I wanted the details to be fresh in my mind! And this definitely gave me that, I just absolutely loved reading this book again!

When he was with Thorn, and all that was happening, it was really weird, and I kinda remembered it, but Nick was his usual snarky sarcastic and smart self! And then he got his armour, which was a bit of a scary cool!

There was a good deal going on, and yeah, that got to be a bit confusing, but it's such a great book, in such a great series, that I know it's all going to work out, that everything is going to end up in a Dark-Hunter book when he's an adult, though there's a good few books between now and then!

I just loved rereading this book, it's really fantastic, and I can't wait for Inferno!

Author: Sherrilyn Kenyon
Series: Chronicles of Nick #3
First Read: July 20th, 2012
Read: March 16th, 2013
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: It's a Sherrilyn Kenyon book, so I must read it, and it's a reread and a Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: St. Martin's Griffin
Published: March 13th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!