Saturday, March 23, 2013

Week 12 Review: Siege and Storm

From Goodreads:
Darkness never dies.

Hunted across the True Sea, haunted by the lives she took on the Fold, Alina must try to make a life with Mal in an unfamiliar land, all while keeping her identity as the Sun Summoner a secret. But she can't outrun her past or her destiny for long.

The Darkling has emerged from the Shadow Fold with a terrifying new power and a dangerous plan that will test the very boundaries of the natural world. With the help of a notorious privateer, Alina returns to the country she abandoned, determined to fight the forces gathering against Ravka. But as her power grows, Alina slips deeper into the Darkling's game of forbidden magic, and farther away from Mal. Somehow, she will have to choose between her country, her power, and the love she always thought would guide her–or risk losing everything to the oncoming storm.

My Review:
This was a specular sequel! I absolutely loved being in this world again, from the first and last chapters told in 3rd person, to the rest of the book told in 1st person, and yeah, we got to see more of Alina, Mal, and the Darkling, yeah!

This was so awesome. We got to see more then Ravka, we got to travel around more extensively, and yet, this was the more political book, because Alina is the Sun Summoner, the Santka Alina, and yeah, she has to attend various meetings, and rule the 2nd army, and yeah, it's very busy.

But before that, she gets captured by the Darkling, who followed the trail of golden hair pins, and yeah, he goes to capture the 2nd amplifier, because there were 3 made, and they were made to work together. And once it goes on her, she wants the 3rd to go on her other arm.

Yeah, there was a break between Mal and Alina, as time goes on, and the amplifiers aren't always good for her. And there's new characters, like Prince Nikola, and the twins Tolya the giant, and Tamar the girl with loads of weapons, and yeah, all these characters were just as great to be with as all the others!

I absolutely loved this book, and with that ending, I know I have to read Ruin and Rising as soon as I can, because I need more!!!

Author: Leigh Bardugo
Series: The Grisha #2
Read: March 16th, 2013
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I loved the first book, and it's a Sophomore Challenge Book and Sequel Challenge 2013 Book!
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co.
Expected Publication: June 4th 2013
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!