Saturday, March 30, 2013

Week 13 Review: The Host

From Goodreads:
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

My Review:
It was so fantastic to reread this book again! This world of peaceful aliens-who kill their host's mind and soul, replacing it with their own. But they can create a pretty perfect society when only their minds are in charge, I'll give them that!

I really connected to the characters in this book! Melanie and Jared, Wanderer and Ian, Jamie, Jeb, they were such compelling characters, real characters, whose situations I wanted to read about more! Just so freaking great!

If you look at it from an intellectuals' perspective, this book is a bit of look at how humans react to change, how a good deal of them retreat and are more negative, but others are a bit more open to it, and embrace it. Wanda's the change, and the characters have their various reactions!

The plan of sending souls to other planets when their human host didn't wake up, well, I think that's a pretty fantastic decision to make, because there are some humans that aren't going to come back, this book showed that. But I want to know what's going to happen next!

I really hope that we get those sequels that are on Goodreads, but it looks less and less likely as the years go by! I just really want them!

Author: Stephenie Meyer
Series: The Host #1
Read: March 25th, 2013
Source: Gift
Reason Why: Rereading! Also enjoyed the Twilight Series, and it's a 2013 Dystopia Book!
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Published: May 6th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!