Saturday, September 6, 2014

Week 36 Review: The Perilous Sea

From Goodreads:
After spending the summer away from each other, Titus and Iolanthe (still disguised as Archer Fairfax) are eager to return to Eton College to resume their training to fight the Bane. Although no longer bound to Titus by a blood oath, Iolanthe is more committed than ever to fulfilling her destiny—especially with the agents of Atlantis quickly closing in.

Soon after arriving at school, though, Titus makes a shocking discovery, one that makes him question everything he previously believed about their mission. Faced with this devastating realization, Iolanthe is forced to come to terms with her new role, while Titus must choose between following his mother's prophecies—and forging a divergent path to an unknowable future.

My Review:
This was quite an amazing book! I loved being in this world again, of vaulting, of magic, and of prophecies, though for a good bit of the book, Titus' mom's prophecies mess up both of their lives, because of some of the smaller details!

I think my favourite line is "I thought we might create some sparks together. But now I know nothing we do will ever rival the passionate embrace between a hunting rope and a snake." Hilarious! Love it so much! I love their banter, it's just awesome!

So this book is a bit different from The Burning Sky, because there's 2 narratives going on-there's the 7 weeks in the future, which was the opener, and then back to the start of school, and from there, it alternated from past to future, both sides helping the other, like mentions of the healing medicine and it's use were in both.

This book deals with prophecies, and the dilemmas in them inherent, and in trying to fulfil them or not. That visual ones happen, they're not open to interpretation. But spoken ones, they're a lot more open, and the person only has to say it, not do it, for it to happen. The example given in the book, was if his mom had said that she was going to, or planning on, writing the note that she left in the one book, then she didn't have to do it. Which adds some complications to their lives!

We have some mysteries solved, like the question of both of her parents, and yeah, let's just say, from each parent, she gains a sibling. And we learn more about the Bane, and how he could appear again, after he was killed, the most recent time, looking younger. That was something of a shock, and nasty, horrible, how he's doing that!

Wow, did I enjoy this book! And the ending! I just can't wait for the 3rd, and final, book!

Author: Sherry Thomas
Series: The Elemental Trilogy #2
Read: August 30th, 2014
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded good, and I got it, which meant that I read the first book, and it's a Historical Fiction 2014 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book, and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Expected Publication: September 16th, 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!