Saturday, September 6, 2014

Week 36 Review: Played

From Goodreads:
This Game Is Getting All Too Real

He said: I like to keep under the radar and mostly hang out with my friends from the rez. But when I saved Riley Berenger from falling off a mountain, that rich suburban princess decided to try to save me. 

She said: If I can help Sam Tracy win the heart of the girl he can't get over, I'll pay him back for helping me. I promised him I would, no matter what it takes.

My Review:
Just starting into this book, I initially thought that the majority of it was going to be at the leadership thing, because it seemed like a pretty big event, and then there was the whole, "trapped on the mountain side in the rain, overnight" thing. But nope, they get to safety, and more of the book is after all that. But that definitely set it up for the rest of the book!

Her and Ryan's parents, they are to be labelled with "doesn't know how to deal with teenagers" because they do the opposite as what they should do. You do not take away the good girls things when she does bad things, and retract promises, that you gave to both siblings, but the older, who was a bad boy, still got, and now she doesn't get, because "he always behaved that way." That just leads to her being more of a bad girl. Idiots!

This is kinda a button, as I was a toned down version of Riley, though the older sibling, I call myself the "test" child, because my parents took what they learned from me, to apply on my brother. Feels very unfair. Honestly, it felt like I cried after I read that bit, that kinda lightness, almost puffy eyes, the after effects of letting out all that bad stuff. Just writing the above down, felt good. So yeah.

And OK, what Mr. Berenger did for Sam was pretty decent, proving to the judge that Sam couldn't have done what they said he'd done, because he'd been filling up his vehicle. And the whole thing about the Berengers coming in pretty much at the last second and helping out, was both mean, and true. But I think that both of the Berenger parents meant well, this and helping Fred's dad at the hospital.

I think that, if they get along well, that Drew, Riley's friend, and Martin, should have a book, because they're the ones that we've connected to, that haven't quite yet had a happy ending, and yeah, it'd be awesome to be in the world some more, if they would work well together, and that's an if!

I really, really enjoyed this book, it was a pleasure to read, and yeah, I wouldn't mind a 3rd book!

Author: Liz Fichera
Series: Hooked #2
Read: August 31st, 2014
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Enjoyed the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2014 Book, Sophomore Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Published: May 27th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!