Friday, May 25, 2012

First Lines Friday #47, May 25th

 First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"In 2273, representatives from the governments of Earth and the settled planets Lyra, Draco, and Cygnus came together to form the Consortium of Planets to facilitate collaboration between the individual governments. The Consortium's mandate included control of the interplanetary commerce and immigration. Ships fuelled by vacuum particle energy enabled space travel between the planets. Incredible seeps were possible by flying along rare defects in the cosmic particle energy structure of space called textures. Freighters as well as passenger ships travelled daily along the texture corridors between the planets. Spaceports located on the three base stations include the Earth Base Station on the moon, the Eagle Base Station at the entrance to Lyra Space, and the  Lyra Base Station orbiting the planet Lyra." -Spectra by Joanne Elder

Well, that's very interesting futuristic science! I hope we can actually have something like that someday! What about you guys? Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Louisa! Just passing through to wish you a happy Memorial holiday.

    **whispering** Pssst! I think your FLF template posted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) What's Memorial holiday? We don't have it in Canada :)

    And I know, but I've already returned the book I was reading, so I can't get the first lines :( Opps. Oh, well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Memorial Day is a national (U.S.) holiday to celebrate veterans and those that serve our country.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!