Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week 20 Review: Frost

From Goodreads:
In this sequel to STORK, Katla Leblanc has to employ her grit, spirit, and special gifts to rescue the boy she loves.

After the drama of finding out that she's a Stork, a member of an ancient and mystical order of women, and that her boyfriend, Jack, is a descendent of the Winter People able to control the weather, Katla Leblanc is delighted when all signs point to a busy and peaceful Christmas. That is, until the snowstorm Jack summons as a gift to Katla turns into the storm of the century, attracting Brigid, a gorgeous scientist who, in turn, attracts Jack. Between the school play, a bedridden, pregnant mother's to-do lists, and keeping an eye on her aging grandfather, Katla doesn't have time to question Brigid's motives or deal with Jack's increasingly cold behavior. But Katla's suspicions mount when Jack joins Brigid on a research expedition to Greenland, and when the two of them go missing, it becomes clear that Katla is the only one who can save her beloved Jack from the Snow Queen who holds him prisoner. Adventure, romance, and myth combine in this winter escapade for teens who like a bit of fire with their ice.

My Review:
Ah, this was a fantastic book! I enjoyed it so much, and so glad to read it! I enjoyed it so much! Such a great sequel, loved all the developments, and yeah, it was just so freaking good! I enjoyed it a lot, and now I just want the 3rd book!

I didn't like how Jack was in this book, which wasn't his fault, but it still wasn't great to see him like that, under control of the bad girl. Not fun, but Kat helped and got him out that that, and that was really great!

Loved the Winter People and the other new species that were in this book, because they were really interesting, and developed the world a lot! Just really interesting, and added so much! Lots of new stuff, and yeah, it was so great!

I enjoyed this book so much, and yeah, I just want more! It's just so good!

Author: Wendy Delsol
Series: Stork #2
Read: May 18th, 2012
Source: NetGalley/Library
Reason Why: Loved the first book, wanted to read more!
Publisher: Candlewick Press
Published: October 11th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!