Monday, May 28, 2012

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #51, May 28th


It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Journey where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #50
Teaser Tuesday #59
WWW Wednesday #59
WOW #55
Will the Time Come #51
Third Sentence Thursday #41
Random Reads #26
First Lines Friday #47
Follow that Blurb Reading Challenge Update 48
A-Z Book Challenge Update 21
The Reward Challenge Round 43
Follow Friday #29
Last Letter First Letter Reading Challenge Update 9
Wrote that Review Update 2
2012 Dystopian Reading Challenge Update 19
YA Historical Reading Challenge Update 13
In My Mailbox #50
I Have An Update #49

Week 21 Reviews:
Heart of Ice
A Storm of Swords
The Darkening Dream
Sleeping Tigers
Spectra

Tours:
The Third Fate: Review and Giveaway

Random:
Shadow Bound's Book Birthday
Masters of the Veil by Daniel Cohen: Book Blast Giveaway
Happy Birthday to Me

OK, so I got 26 posts in 7 days, which is pretty darn good, had my birthday, which is always good, and I'm writing this post on a new laptop that was paid mostly with birthday money! And it's a really good computer, though it's a bit of an adjustment-my main computer the 7 key wasn't working, and now this one does! So I'm really liking it! Yep.

So this week I want to read The Last Plea Bargain, The Goddess LegacyDead Meat, AboveI Am JayNo Safety in Numbers, and Enslave Me Sweetly.

Currently Listening To: Poker Face by Lady GaGa
Currently Reading: Dead Meat
Currently Watching: Awake! Last few episodes to catch up on!

For millennia we've caught only glimpses of the lives and loves of the gods and goddesses on Olympus. Now Aimé e Carter pulls back the curtain on how they became the powerful, petty, loving and dangerous immortals that Kate Winters knows.

Calliope/Hera represented constancy and yet had a husband who never matched her faithfulness...

Ava/Aphrodite was the goddess of love and yet commitment was a totally different deal...

Persephone was urged to marry one man, yet longed for another...

James/Hermes loved to make trouble for others-but never knew true loss before...

Henry/Hades's solitary existence had grown too wearisome to continue. But meeting Kate Winters gave him a new hope...

Five original novellas of love, loss and longing and the will to survive throughout the ages.
The city of River’s Edge has been quarantined due to a rodent borne rabies outbreak. But it quickly becomes clear to the citizens that the infection is something much, much worse than rabies...

The townsfolk are attacked and fed upon by packs of the living dead. Labeling the infected residents “bees” for their tendency to travel in swarms, Gavin and Benny attempt to survive the chaos in River’s Edge while making their way north in search of sanctuary. No one knows what waits outside the quarantined zone, but Gavin and Benny know that to survive, they must escape.
Eden Black walks among humans, protecting them from the murderous evil of other-worlders who abduct and enslave. And though she appears to be human herself, Eden is an alien, a Raka, distinguished by her golden hair and skin, and gifted with the ominous ability to kill without remorse -- and with total accuracy. That is, until the fateful night she has one shot to eliminate her target, a human slaver -- and misses.

"Failure" is not in Eden's vocabulary. Neither is "partner" -- but that's what she is forcibly assigned after recovering from her disastrous mission. A sexy, steely-nerved human agent, Lucius Adaire enjoys nothing more than sparking the fury -- and rousing the desire -- of the fiery female assassin too proud to admit defeat. Locked in an assignment they cannot afford to lose, Lucius and Eden find themselves bound in two high-stakes, heart-pounding games: the sensual web of kill or be killed, and the erotic dance of seduction.

9 comments:

  1. Love your blog! I've found so many new books I want to read :) Hugs from Anette in Norway :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How could you read so many books in a week.. I struggle to complete 4 books in a week, keeping up my regular job.. :(

    Here is my meme: http://vidya-booksaremagic.blogspot.com/2012/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading_28.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. 25 posts in a week is awesome! I read just the first few lines of your Storm of Swords review because I'm going to start it soon - and just those 2 lines makes me want to get it started now!!! Have a great week.

    Tanya
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Really a great week! Happy belated Birthday to you! Hope you have a lot equally good weeks/months/years/eras ahead!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a busy week ahead! And happy (belated) birthday!

    Thanks for visiting my blog, and enjoy the week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Goddess Legacy sounds good. My favorite read last week was Amulet 4: The Last Council by Kazu Kibuishi. Please come see what else I'm reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. :) Great selections this week!!! :) The Goddess Legacy looks fantastic :D Hope you like it.

    What are YOU reading??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks :) There are a lot of great books out there, and I get to read a lot of them, go my library system!

    Well, actually, this is a slow week! Next week, I want to read what I think is around 20 books. I think.

    7 books is actually very little for me, I read a lot, and quickly, so yeah, lot of books for me :)

    Oh, yeah! Read it! It was fantastic! And I'm glad! That makes me feel very good inside!

    Thanks! I've only been 18 for about a week and a bit, but yeah, it's not all that different :)

    :)

    It was good! I really enjoyed it!

    Thanks! I must read more, but I'm getting to the end of the school year, just 3 weeks left, then 1 exam, then I'm done! Whoo!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!