Saturday, May 12, 2012

Week 19 Review: The Raft

From Goodreads:
Robie is an experienced traveler. She's taken the flight from Honolulu to the Midway Atoll, a group of Pacific islands where her parents live, many times. When she has to get to Midway in a hurry after a visit with her aunt in Hawaii, she gets on the next cargo flight at the last minute. She knows the pilot, but on this flight, there's a new co-pilot named Max. All systems are go until a storm hits during the flight. The only passenger, Robie doesn't panic until the engine suddenly cuts out and Max shouts at her to put on a life jacket. They are over miles of Pacific Ocean. She sees Max struggle with a raft. 

And then . . . she's in the water. Fighting for her life. Max pulls her onto the raft, and that's when the real terror begins. They have no water. Their only food is a bag of Skittles. There are sharks. There is an island. But there’s no sign of help on the way.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book!  Bit scary, and it reminded me a bit of The Life of Pi, which is also about a person on a boat, but different, and it was all these thoughts, and worries, and yeah, just so very entertaining!

It was a really fast read, it was like, I blinked, and it was over, that was how engrossed I was, and how captivating this book really was! I loved everything about it, even if it was sad, the worry about food, water, shelter, safety, and the possibility of rescue.

The realization that Max died sometime during the book, and that Robie was slightly aware of the fact, but kept going as if he wasn't, was a bit sad. But it shows how strong she was, that she kept going, until it was better, and she was safe.

This was a really fantastic book, I enjoyed it so much, and yeah, so glad I got a chance to read it!

Author: S.A. Bodeen
Read: May 8th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded really good!
Publisher: Feiwel & Friends
Expected Publication: August 21st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

1 comment:

  1. Stopping by from the list for the tour of SHADES OF MURDER. I will stop back when you have your review done. I have read the first two books of Lauren Carr's. You will love the characters and the storyline.

    OLD FOLLOWER.

    Elizabeth

    Silver's Reviews

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!