Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week 20 Review: You Are So Undead to Me

From Goodreads:
Fifteen-year-old Megan Berry is a Zombie Settler by birth, which means she's part-time shrink to a bunch of dead people with a whole lot of issues.

All Megan wants is to be normal and go to homecoming, of course. Unfortunately, it's a little difficult when your dates keep getting interrupted by a bunch of slobbering Undead.

Things are about to get even more complicated for Megan. Someone in school is using black magic to turn average, angsty Undead into flesh-eating Zombies, and it's looking like homecoming will turn out to be a very different kind of party the bloody kind.

Megan must stop the Zombie apocalypse descending on Carol, Arkansas. Her life and more importantly, homecoming depends on it.

My Review:
This was a fantastic novel! Zombies, and the rules to dealing with them, were really unique, and expertly crafted! And I just can't wait to read the next book, just to see what's going to happen next!

The plotting was so excellent, the whole "revealing the bad guys" part totally threw me! I mean, with the very small, teeny, tiny, clues that we got, well, I didn't know they were clues at the time, but like they say, in hindsight, everything is 20/20, and that was definitely the case here! There were a lot of twists and turns, and red herrings, in the race to solve who doesn't want Megan to go to the homecoming dance. Which they don't really believe, because why would someone raise a whole bunch of zombies for a dance? Well, they seriously underestimated teenagers and their emotions and their dances!

And the romance between her and Ethan, well, it starts the "I love to hate you" bickering, and then that just shows us just what they felt for each other, though they both fight it, especially when they have secret missions, well, that causes hurt and conflict, and yeah, really great!

I really want to read the next book, because the reason behind her super powerful ways in being a Zombie Settler, wasn't really explained, and I'm thinking that's going to be interesting, and then the next book sounds really great, too!

This was an excellent book, so I hope you guys check it out!

Author: Stacey Jay
Series: Megan Berry #1
Read: May 12th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded really good, and it's a LLFL book and a reward challenge book!
Publisher: Razorbill
Published: January 22nd 2009
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!