Saturday, May 19, 2012

Week 20 Review: Suffocate

From Goodreads:
Suffocate is the first novelette in THE BREATHLESS series. It is a 15,000 word young adult thriller that combines the dystopic and science fiction genres.

For centuries, the world outside the Biome has been unlivable. Today, marks the first time anyone will attempt to leave the suffocating ecosphere. Eria is not worried because her scientist father has successfully tested the new Bio-Suit many times. It's a celebratory day until something goes horribly wrong. In the midst of tragedy, Eria uncovers a deep conspiracy that affects the very air she breathes. 

If those responsible find out what she knows, they won't stop hunting her until she takes her last breath.

The 2nd novelette in the series, CHOKE, is scheduled for Fall 2012. The 3rd, EXHALE, is scheduled for Winter 2013.

My Review:
This was a great novelette! A quick read at 49 pages for the copy that I read, characters that you connect to in that time, and a plot that moves quickly, with every single work advancing it, because with only 15,000 words, each one has to count, and yeah, that was really great!

We get right in the action within the first 10 pages, and the background to the plot right away, with the death of her father, and then things just run and gain momentum like a snowball from Mt. Everest, bam, bam, bam, and plots are discovered, and friends are made, and discoveries are not all what they seem, and not everyone has the best interests at heart.

The characters really grip you, and are really interesting in what we were shown, and interest in how long hair is, to charming, hopeful, and smart, and witty. They care, and they are really great! They were a total part of the plot, and I hope to see them in more, since that isn't a guarantee with where Suffocate ended.

I am eager to read the next 2 books, I don't want to wait for the fall! Though I'm kinda thinking that Exhale will be released more winter 2012 then 2013, with summer, fall this year, then winter next year, it makes more sense that it's coming out this winter, which is what I'm hoping for, because I don't want the world to possible have ended and have not read the last novelette of this trilogy.

So I hope you guys check out this book, and the series as it comes out, because it's really good!

Author: S. R. Johannes
Series: Breathless Trilogy #1
Read: May 17th, 2012
Source: Author for review
Reason Why: It sounded really great, and I loved Untraceable, and it's a 2012 Dystopian novel!
Publisher: Coleman & Stott
Expected Publication: May 21st 2012
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!