Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday #56, May 30th

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating!

Embers and Echoes by Karsten Knight
Expected Publication: August 28th 2012
From Goodreads:

Ashline Wilde is about to discover that when you’re the reincarnation of a Polynesian volcano goddess, “new beginnings” are just a myth. 

Leaving the fiery ruins of her sophomore year behind her, Ash travels to the sizzling beaches of Miami, hot on the trail of the little sister she’s only seen in visions. But her happy family reunion isn’t all palm trees and paradise. A cult of evil gods-on-earth, known as the Four Seasons, has kidnapped her sister to use in its terrifying new religion. Soon, the streets of Miami erupt in chaos and violence…and Ash gets caught right in the tropical crossfire 

Ash isn’t without help, however. Unexpected romance arrives in the form of Wes, an Aztec god of night with his own vendetta against the Four Seasons. As memories of Ash’s previous life begin to flicker into her dreams, the boundaries between ally and enemy, life and death, and love and hate all bleed together. And when a mysterious trickster from her past reappears to derail her new quest, Ash must choose between the echoes of a once-forgotten yesterday and the embers of an uncertain future. 

Because when old flames return from the dead, even a volcano goddess can get burned.

I loved Wildefire, and I can't wait for this one to come out! What about you guys? Happy reading!

3 comments:

  1. ooh this book looks awesome! intriguing cover!

    My WOW: youngadultbookhaven.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This series is new to me ..so i am off to check out Wildfire..thanks for bringing it to my attention.
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know, I loved the first book, and this one is looking to be just as good :)

    Yeah! Me, neither, I just loved Wildefire!

    Awesome! It's a great book, gods, and discovering their powers, and a bit of a mystery, it's really great!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!