Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 36 Review: Ashes, Ashes

From Goodreads:
A thrilling tale of adventure, romance, and one girl's unyielding courage through the darkest of nightmares.

Epidemics, floods, droughts--for sixteen-year-old Lucy, the end of the world came and went, taking 99% of the population with it. As the weather continues to rage out of control, and Sweepers clean the streets of plague victims, Lucy survives alone in the wilds of Central Park. But when she's rescued from a pack of hunting dogs by a mysterious boy named Aidan, she reluctantly realizes she can't continue on her own. She joins his band of survivors, yet, a new danger awaits her: the Sweepers are looking for her. There's something special about Lucy, and they will stop at nothing to have her.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! Really great dystopia, world ender and maybe starting to get back on its feet, book! Loved how unique Lucy was, and yeah, how that puts her in the line of fire, because of course people want to exploit that!

I really enjoyed Lucy's story, how she was a lone teenager trying to survive the epidemic that killed a lot that the various natural disasters didn't. How she joins a group of survivors. How she falls in love with Aidan.

Sure, there were parts that were a bit weird, that didn't make a lot of sense, but hey, a) it's a book, and b) it's the end of the world, so things aren't done quite up to our standards. I really enjoyed that, and then how everything wrapped up, and how Lucy was special, I just really enjoyed it!

I can remember where I was at one point reading this book. At my college's library, waiting for a chance to add my name to be interviewed for a position there (which I didn't get in the end, but I did get called back!) and I can remember sitting in that booth, reading a few pages, trying to work up the courage!

I just really enjoyed this book so much! Really, really great!

Author: Jo Treggiari
Read: September 5th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded awesome, and it's a 2012 Dystopian Reading Challenge book!
Publisher: Scholastic
Published: June 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!