Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 36 Review: Unearthed

From Goodreads:
Matt's spent years resenting his father and the church, but a once-in-a-lifetime archaeology trip forces Matt to face more than he bargained for as he and his father unearth a city that's been lost for centuries. This thrilling adventure is bursting with laugh out loud humor, a touch of romance, and more than a little mystery. 

My Review:
So this book was pretty interesting! I really loved the tag, "for this father and son, there's no time like the past" and how it's usually the present, but how the past is what this father and son pair have in common. That was really cute!

I agree with the synopsis, this book was just hilarious! So funny, I loved the one liners, and how these people connected with each other in this dig, which seems like it's a bit isolating from the rest of the world, insular, and a good bit of hard work!

The way the story unfolded, of Matt's story in the present, and the discovery that the group finds, and then the past, the story around said discovery, and all the details that led up to where it was found by the team, that was really great to read!

I wish that'd we'd gotten just a little more book. To get more details, because yeah, the history was really good, but I wanted to know more about Matt, and how he was after the events of this book changed him! I was interested in that!

This was a really interesting and good book, and I enjoyed it!

Author: Lara Stauffer
Read: September 5th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Cedar Fort, Inc
Published: July 10th 2012
5/5 Hearts
2/5 Books
2/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!