Saturday, September 8, 2012

Week 36 Review: Seduction

From Goodreads:
Dominic Paget, the earl of Bedford, will do anything to resume spying upon Britain's enemies. Badly wounded, he is put will do anything in the care of a beautiful gentlewoman, Julianne Greystone, only to discover that her sympathies lie with his enemies. Yet he can't help but seduce the woman who saved his life—hoping she never learns of his betrayal.

Julianne is captivated by the wounded stranger she believes is a revolutionary hero. Until she discovers the truth-…her "hero" is the privileged earl of Bedford. Devastated and determined to forget him, Julianne travels to London. But when she finds herself in danger, it is Bedford who comes to the rescue. Now Julianne must navigate the intrigues of a perilous city, the wild yearnings of her own heart and the explosion of their passion….

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! I've seen her other books around, and I think I own some of them, but this is the first time that I've read a Brenda Joyce book that I can remember. It won't be my last, but it'll probably be a while till I read another, what with all those great books around!

So the situation where they're on different sides, well, yeah, it sucks. Because then it adds in a bit of the forbidden love thing, which is pretty hard for people to resist! So usually, they don't. Or they fail. A bit of both in this book!

True, that this book had the same basic plot as most romances, which yeah, there's only so many. But each one has something or things unique to it, from the author and the writing, to the characters of the story, to the specific details!

Really enjoyed how it ended, that was a pretty happy ending. This book was about spying and about trust, and about two people falling love with each other, and it was just so really great to read it! I just enjoyed it so much!

Author: Brenda Joyce
Series: The Spymaster's Men #1
Read: September 6th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a good book!
Publisher: HQN Books
Published: January 31st 2012
5/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
3/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!