Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #18, August 9th

Teaser Tuesdays is a bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn't give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot, page 169:

"'I've got it worse. I'm in love with my best friend's fiancée.'"

Yeah, that doesn't sound very good for the speaker!

and from my own book, A Nick in Time, page 2;

"Quickly, I shot out the window, and hurled myself out. It was quite a drop, but I rolled, and landed on my feet."

What about you guys? Happy reading!

7 comments:

  1. Oh that does not sound to promising for her at all.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-adam-eve.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. If it's the first, she's in love with him, and not the guy that proposed :)

    If the second, then no, not promising :) ish. Chasing a bad guy and all :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being in love with your BF's fiance could definitely cause some problems!!

    You won't catch me hurling myself out a window!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, it's the main cause of conflict in the plot :)

    And you wouldn't catch me, either, but I'm not a trianed professional :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both are great!


    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/09/teaser-tuesdays-aug-9/

    ReplyDelete
  6. both teasers sound so interesting!



    Trish - Check out my Teaser Tuesday HERE

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Glad you like the second one, maybe if I decide to try for publishing, and get it, then I'll have some readers! But I still want to be a teen right now :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!