Saturday, August 6, 2011

Week 31 Review: The Beginning of After

From Goodreads:
Anyone who's had something truly crappy happen to them will tell you: It's all about Before and After. What I'm talking about here is the ka-pow, shake-you-to-your-core-and-turn-your-bones-to-plastic kind of crappy.

Sixteen-year-old Laurel's world changes instantly when her parents and brother are killed in a terrible car accident. Behind the wheel is the father of her bad-boy neighbor, David Kaufman, whose mother is also killed. In the aftermath of the tragedy, Laurel navigates a new reality in which she and her best friend grow apart, boys may or may not be approaching her out of pity, overpowering memories lurk everywhere, and Mr. Kaufman is comatose but still very much alive. Through it all there is David, who swoops in and out of Laurel's life and to whom she finds herself attracted against her better judgment. She will forever be connected to him by their mutual loss—a connection that will change them both in unexpected ways.


My Review:
This book was interesting, and emotional. If I was the type to cry while reading, my eyes would definitely would have at least have a tear. I enjoyed reading about the characters problems, and what they did to deal with them.

I liked reading about trying to find normalcy, in tragedy, and trying to find out what you wanted when you really weren't sure, and trying to work through everything that was happening.

I really liked the pets, they were a good part, a good support, and I liked how 1 dog was kept close to both Laurel, and David. It was almost like they were co-owners of him, and he had to go back and forth between the 2, and I just really liked that!

I also liked the relationship drama, between friends, between maybe-more-than-friends, and  between more-than-friends. It was complicated, and messy, and human. And humans aren't perfect, that's why things break, and why things don't last.

So I really, really enjoyed reading this book, so you guys better check it out when it comes out in a month!

Author: Jennifer Castle
Read: July 31st-August 3rd, 2011
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded like a really fantastic book!
Publisher: HarperTeen
Expected Publication: September 6th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!