Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 33 Review: Syren

From Goodreads: 
In this fifth book in the Magykal series, Septimus ends up on a captivatingly beautiful island, one of seven set in a sparkling sea. He's stranded there with his badly injured dragon, Spit Fyre, along with Jenna and Beetle.

There are some strange things about the island, including a Magykal girl named Syrah, a cat-shaped lighthouse that has lost its Light, and an eerie presence that sings to Septimus—can he escape the persistent call?

Trouble is also brewing for Lucy and Wolf Boy, who have become entangled with some nefarious sailors at sea, and for Milo Banda, Jenna's father, who is harboring a mysterious treasure chest in his ship's hold.
 
My Review:
I have the first 4 books. And as you can see below, this book came out in 2009. So t's been a while since I read the books, and it was a bit hard to get into the world at first. But then I started remembering bits and pieces, and it just drew me in, with all the things that were a part of it, all the little side plots, and how it all came together.

This book was really interesting, it expanded on some things like the ice tunnels, and it had old characters (dead and alive) who were introduced in previous books to come back, and it was just really great.

I loved this book, and once I past halfway, I really started reading it and really getting it read. It was a great book, and I hope you guys check out the series!
 
Author: Angie Sage
Series: Septimius Heap #5
Read: August 18th-19th, 2011
Source: Library
Publisher: Bloomsbury Publishing PLC
Published: September 29th 2009
4/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars









*I am really sorry that I only got 2 reviews this week, it just wasn't a good reading week, which wasn't fun, but I'll hopefully get a lot more read next week!*

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!