Saturday, August 20, 2011

Week 33 Review: So Shelly

From Goodreads:
Until now, high school junior, John Keats, has only tiptoed near the edges of the vortex that is schoolmate and literary prodigy, Gordon Byron. That is, until their mutual friend, Shelly, drowns in a sailing accident.

After stealing Shelly's ashes from her wake at Trinity Catholic High School, the boys set a course for the small Lake Erie island where Shelly's body had washed ashore and to where she wished to be returned. It would be one last "so Shelly" romantic quest. At least that's what they think. As they navigate around the obstacles and resist temptations during their odyssey, Keats and Gordon glue together the shattered pieces of Shelly's and their own pasts while attempting to make sense of her tragic and premature end.
 
My Review:
This book was pretty emotional. Not for me, because I really don't feel emotions when reading (besides funny parts) but I could tell that it was. After all, it talked about Love and Death, and there was death, and there was love, but not the way that you think of it, it was different love, a tortured love, a diseased love that wouldn't work, and wouldn't last, and yet it does.

I really enjoyed this book, read it really quickly in the dead of night (the pages felt weird for some reason) and yeah. The story just captivated me, and I just wanted to keep reading, and to know why Shelly died, how, and what led up to it.

This was just a really great book, full of mystery, and side stories that just kinda are a part of the book, and just make it up and make it better. I really liked the historical part, that they were based off of dead poets and such.

So try and read this book if you can! It's really good!
 
Author: Ty Roth
Read: August 16th, 2011
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded like a really fantastic book!
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published: February 8th 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!