Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #21, August 30th

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

•Grab your current read
•Open to a random page
•Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
•BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
•Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!

Today's teaser comes from A Clash of Kings by George R. R. Martin, page 193.

"Have I crossed half the world and seen the birth of dragons only to die with them in this hard hot desert? She would not believe it."

No, you have not! Keep going! Go, Dany! My favourite character in the series!

And from my own book, A Nick in Time page 2,

"Shaking off that unwanted emotion, I took off again, this time more prepared. I hadn't thought that it’d go like this."

What about you guys? Happy reading!

9 comments:

  1. I read A Clash of Kings years ago but couldn't go on with the series. It's just so harsh and cruel…but I still wonder what happens at the Wall (or whatever it was called) with the bastard son and his mute wolf.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear really good things about this author. Great teaser.

    Here's mine:

    http://50yearproject.wordpress.com/2011/08/30/teaser-tuesday-aug-30/

    ReplyDelete
  3. And I forget my teaser: http://duckduckcow.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-wildefire.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just got started on the series becuase of the tv show :) Now I want to get ahead of the tv show by reading the book :) I like Jon Snow and Ghost, by my favourite parts are the Dany and the dragons one :)

    And me, too! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooow! Dragons... NICE!!

    Paranormal Wastelands' TT:
    http://paranormalwastelands.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesday-silas-tour-edition.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful teaser selections.
    My TT: http://www.rundpinne.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays-creep-by-jennifer-hillier.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Daenerys, right? Love the books.
    My TT:
    http://bookhuntermm.blogspot.com/2011/08/teaser-tuesdays.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks!

    And yep, Daenerys :) Me, too! Great books!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!