Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday #15, August 17

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

In Seconds by Brenda Novak
Expected Publication: August 30th 2011
From Goodreads:
They're back…

Laurel Hodges has changed her identity twice. She's been on the run for the past four years, trying to outdistance the gang members who blame her for the death of one of their own. She's finally found peace and stability in the small town of Pineview, Montana. But just when Laurel thinks she and her children are safe…the nightmare starts all over again.

The Crew, a ruthless prison gang with ties to Laurel's brother, will never forget and they'll never forgive. And now that they've finally tracked her down, they'll stop at nothing.

Sheriff Myles King, who happens to live next door with his thirteen–year–old daughter, appoints himself Laurel's personal guardian. His growing attraction to her could change his life—Myles is beginning to picture marriage and family. But it could also end his life. If he can't save her, everything he's built, everything he wants, could be destroyed. In seconds…

I really like Brenda Novak, she's a great mystery writer, so I can't wait for this book! (I think I have it from Netgalley, though!)

6 comments:

  1. That sounds like an awesome read!
    http://alaskanbookcafe.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds suspenseful. I don't think I've read Novak before - I'm definitely curious. Nice WoW pick!

    If you'd like, you can check out mine here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep :) You should really check her books out! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. new follower! and GREAT cover! here's my WOW post w/2012 books! hope you'll stop by and let me know what you are looking forward to reading from my list! http://lindsaycummingsblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!