Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11 Review: The Girl in the Clockwork Collar

From Goodreads:
In New York City, 1897, life has never been more thrilling - or dangerous. 

Sixteen-year-old Finley Jayne and her "straynge band of mysfits" have journeyed from London to America to rescue their friend Jasper, hauled off by bounty hunters. But Jasper is in the clutches of a devious former friend demanding a trade-the dangerous device Jasper stole from him...for the life of the girl Jasper loves. 

One false move from Jasper and the strange clockwork collar around Mei's neck tightens. And tightens.

My Review:
Oh, loved this book! So good, and yeah, it's a great 2nd book in the series! I mean, they travel to New York, meet new people, and yeah, things happen in this book, that yeah, just makes it pretty darned spectacular!

Like the cat fight between Finley and the rich society girl, over Griffin, and yeah, how Griffin chooses her and Emily, and yeah, that was a victory for girls who usually get picked second, so yeah, go, Griffin for seeing beyond the obvious, and go Finley for being Finley!

I just wanted more and more of these characters, and more book, more story, because it was just so captivating, and there were some developments, like the black shadow things that attacked Griffin at Tesla's, and I wonder what's up with that!

The prison scene? That was pretty awesome, that the sheriff guy was Jasper's brother in law, and that Jasper's sister, the sheriff's wife, was expecting, and yeah, that scene was sweet, and funny, and how they had to find a place to go, because all of them were there!

I loved this book, it was so amazing, and I want more now!!!

Author: Kady Cross
Series: Steampunk Chronicles #2
Read: March 13th, 2012
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I loved The Girl in the Steel Corset (which came out on my birthday!) so I had to read this one, which I had as a WoW book! and YAHFC book! And a Sophomore Challenge book!
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Expected Publication: May 22nd 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!