Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 13 Review: Ultraviolet

From Goodreads:
Once upon a time there was a girl who was special. 

This is not her story. 

Unless you count the part where I killed her. 

Sixteen-year-old Alison has been sectioned in a mental institute for teens, having murdered the most perfect and popular girl at school. But the case is a mystery: no body has been found, and Alison's condition is proving difficult to diagnose. Alison herself can't explain what happened: one minute she was fighting with Tori -- the next she disintegrated. Into nothing. But that's impossible. Right?

My Review:
This book was so awesome! I enjoyed it so, so much! First off, that synopsis where Alison believes she killed the special girl, Tori? That's a pretty big hook, and it got me! Just so unique and different, and just totally enjoyable!

Alison was a really fantastic character to read about! She had this enormous guilt, and yet, there was something nagging about the situation, and then when it turns out that big twist, well, yeah, that was pretty awesome! And when you add in the synesthesia, just so good to read!

There was an absolutely wonderful mystery in this book, one that kept me reading, one that I had to keep reading! The suspense was always there, but it grew as the book went on, and when discoveries are made, and then that ending, oh! Such a fantastic book!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was really so great, and I can't wait for the sequel! I need it!

Author: R.J. Anderson
Series: Ultraviolet #1
Read: March 28th, 2012
Source: Library/NetGalley
Reason Why: It sounded really creepy, and I had it requested on NetGalley, and it's a WTC book!
Publisher: Orchard
Published: June 2nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!