Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 12 Review: Between

From Goodreads:
Elizabeth Valchar-pretty, popular, and perfect-wakes up the morning after her eighteenth birthday party on her family's yacht, where she'd been celebrating with her six closest friends. A persistent thumping noise has roused her. When she goes to investigate, what she finds will change everything she thought she knew about her life, her friends, and everything in between. As Liz begins to unravel the circumstances surrounding her birthday night, she will find that no one around her, least of all Liz herself, was perfect-or innocent. Critically acclaimed author Jessica Warman brings readers along on a roller-coaster ride of a mystery, one that is also a heartbreaking character study, a touching romance, and ultimately a hopeful tale of redemption, love, and letting go.


My Review:
This was a really awesome book! The only other book that I can really compare and be similar to, is The Catastrophic History of You and Me, because the ghost thing, and looking back at bits of your life. Well, for Liz, the main thing was yeah, her birthday night, when she died.

This was just such a page turner, I just wanted more, and the mystery and the romance was really well incorporated, and yeah, they combined to make such a great book! I just enjoyed pretty much everything about this book!

That ending resolved everything nicely, finding out the details of her death, and yeah, while death is sad, we've known the whole time if we've read the synopsis, that she was dead, so yeah, that was a really good ending, wrapped up great!

Yeah, I enjoyed this book a lot, and I'm going to check out her other books!

Author: Jessica Warman
Read: March 19th-20th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded interesting, and it became a A-Z Book Challenge Mini Challenge book because of the green cover!
Publisher: Walker and Company
Published: August 2nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!