Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11 Review: The Near Witch

From Goodreads:
Sixteen-year-old Lexi, who lives on an enchanted moor at the edge of the village of Near, must solve the mystery when, the day after a mysterious boy appears in town, children start disappearing.

My Review:
This book! It was strange, but so awesome! I just had to keep turning the pages, to learn more about these characters, and their world, and just be emerged in it! It was really quick addicting, and while it was a fairly short book, the pages flew by even faster! I just had to have more!

I enjoyed the part fairy tale feel that this world had, what with the witch, and what they were told, and was true, and what wasn't. And then there's the disappearances, which caused a lot of trouble! And not for those that we'd like to have trouble!

These were strong characters. This was a strong book. And of course, the ending was strong, smart, and just awesome! I really enjoyed it, it was just so great! I can't think of an ending that would've fit this book better, it just fit so well with the rest of the book!

This book was just written so beautifully, and I enjoyed it so much, I can't wait to read more Victoria Schwab books!

Author: Victoria Schwab
Series: The Near Witch #1
Read: March 13th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to! It sounded interesting! And it's a YAHFC book!
Publisher: Hyperion Books CH
Published: August 2nd 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!