Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11 Review: Witches of East End

From Goodreads:
The three Beauchamp women--Joanna and her daughters Freya and Ingrid--live in North Hampton, out on the tip of Long Island. Their beautiful, mist-shrouded town seems almost stuck in time, and all three women lead seemingly quiet, uneventful existences. But they are harboring a mighty secret--they are powerful witches banned from using their magic. Joanna can resurrect people from the dead and heal the most serious of injuries. Ingrid, her bookish daughter, has the ability to predict the future and weave knots that can solve anything from infertility to infidelity. And finally, there's Freya, the wild child, who has a charm or a potion that can cure most any heartache. 

For centuries, all three women have been forced to suppress their abilities. But then Freya, who is about to get married to the wealthy and mysterious Bran Gardiner, finds that her increasingly complicated romantic life makes it more difficult than ever to hide her secret. Soon Ingrid and Joanna confront similar dilemmas, and the Beauchamp women realize they can no longer conceal their true selves. They unearth their wands from the attic, dust off their broomsticks, and begin casting spells on the townspeople. It all seems like a bit of good-natured, innocent magic, but then mysterious, violent attacks begin to plague the town. When a young girl disappears over the Fourth of July weekend, they realize it's time to uncover who and what dark forces are working against them. 


My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! Though I am a bit confused as to how this series is connected to the Blue Blood series, what with the Norse gods and everything, so I can hope that will be explained in future books!

I enjoyed these characters, and their differences, Freya the bartender with a complicated love life, and yeah, I enjoyed the twists in that/those relationships! There was Ingrid the librarian, and then the mom, Joanna, and her quirks.

Yeah, there were a few things running through though this book, from the conflict between Freya, and the Gardiner brothers, the strange things going on around town, and then the dual ending of identity, and Freya's twin brother!

I really enjoyed this book so much, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Melissa de la Cruz
Series: The  Beauchamp Family Series #1
Read: March 11th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, and I enjoy her Blue Blood series, and the peek we got of Freya!
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Published: June 21st 2011
5/5 Hearts
4.5/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!