Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 12 Review: All These Things I've Done

From Goodreads:
In 2083, chocolate and coffee are illegal, paper is hard to find, water is carefully rationed, and New York City is rife with crime and poverty. And yet, for Anya Balanchine, the sixteen-year-old daughter of the city's most notorious (and dead) crime boss, life is fairly routine. It consists of going to school, taking care of her siblings and her dying grandmother, trying to avoid falling in love with the new assistant D.A.'s son, and avoiding her loser ex-boyfriend. That is until her ex is accidently poisoned by the chocolate her family manufactures and the police think she's to blame. Suddenly, Anya finds herself thrust unwillingly into the spotlight--at school, in the news, and most importantly, within her mafia family.

Engrossing and suspenseful, All These Things I've Done is an utterly unique, unputdownable read that blends both the familiar and the fantastic.

My Review:
The whole idea that chocolate is illegal? That's just evil! But it's against the law. And Anya's family makes chocolate. And yeah, she's the one that's in charge of her family, seeing as her older brother isn't capable, and then her sister, while very smart, is younger.

I just loved Anya's voice. It was entertaining, and yeah, combined with who she was, and the names of the chapters, that just edge of hilarity, yeah, that just added a whole lot to this book! I just really enjoyed that bit!

This mystery, with Anya's romance, was just so awesome, they added a lot of troubles on Anya's head, and seeing how it's just the first book, there's more to come. Which means, yeah, more time in this world! I can't wait! This book kicked off a great series!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was just so good, and I can't wait for more!

Author: Gabrielle Zevin
Series: Birthright #1
Read: March 21st, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, and it's a 2012 Dystopian book, and a WTC book!
Publisher: Farrar, Straus and Giroux (BYR)
Published: September 6th 2011
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!