Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 13 Review: She's So Dead to Us

From Goodreads:
Ally Ryan would rather be in Maryland. She would rather be anywhere, in fact, than Orchard Hill, site of her downfall. Well, not hers exactly—but when your father’s hedge fund goes south and all your friends lose their trust funds, things don’t look so sunny for you. Her mother moved her to Maryland to flee the shame, but now they’re moving back. Back to the country-club, new-car-every-year, my-family-came-over-on-the-Mayflower lifestyle that Ally has outgrown. One bright spot, however, is gorgeous, intense Jake Graydon. But it won’t be easy for the two of them to be together—not if his friends (her former friends) have anything to say about it. Is Ally ready to get thrown back into the drama of the life she left behind?

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was a bit awkward, because she falls in love with the guy who moved into her old house. And it's the first time she's been back since her dad lost these people's money. And their kids aren't quite welcoming to her, even her old friends

So I learned, that one of my very favourite books, The Tourist Trap, was written under an alias of Kieran Scott, which is why I enjoyed this book a lot, the voice that she has, it's just so awesome, and I just wanted to read more of it!

All was just really amazing! She stood up to Jake, what with all the stereotypes around of the two of them, to be outside of the box, and yeah, I just wanted to read more about her! Jake, I was iffy on. He was pretty much an asshole, especially in the end!

I enjoyed this book so much, it was just so good, and now I want more!

Author: Kieran Scott
Series: He's So/She's So #1
Read: March 29th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded interesting!
Publisher: Simon and Schuster Children's Publishing
Published: May 25th 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!