Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11 Review: Juliet Immortal

From Goodreads:
"These violent delights have violent ends
And in their triumph die, like fire and powder,
Which as they kiss consume."
—Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare

The most tragic love story in history . . .

Juliet Capulet didn't take her own life. She was murdered by the person she trusted most, her new husband, Romeo Montague, a sacrifice made to ensure his own immortality. But what Romeo didn't anticipate was that Juliet would be granted eternity, as well, and would become an agent for the Ambassadors of Light. For 700 years, she's fought Romeo for the souls of true lovers, struggling to preserve romantic love and the lives of the innocent. Until the day she meets someone she's forbidden to love, and Romeo, oh Romeo, will do everything in his power to destroy that love.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic book! I mean, it was just so freaking fantastic! And yeah, it was pretty dark, and the good guys aren't always the good guys. And yeah, just the idea of this, that Romeo killed Juliet, well, yeah, not fun!

I loved them going into these bodies, and having everything happening, to change or influence the courses of what's going on, for the greater scheme of things. But then Juliet falls in love. And yeah, that complicates things!

This book gave Juliet a happy ending. A slightly weird one, for me, as a modern lady, but yeah, it was a really good one! And while I'd like to see her again in the sequel, I wouldn't want to mess up their happy ending!

Yeah, this was a really great book, and I can't wait to read more books by Stacey Jay!

Author: Stacey Jay
Series: Juliet Immortal #1
Read: March 13-14th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded interesting, so it was on by TBR pile, and it became a RR book!
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Published: August 9th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!