Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week 13 Review: Saving Juliet

From Goodreads:
Manhattan meets Verona in this time-bending twist on Shakespeare. 

When Mimi is magically thrust into the middle of Shakespeare’s Verona, she must find a way to help Juliet fight for her future happiness. Will she be able to give this classic tragedy a happy ending?

My Review:
Yeah, this was a really great book! I mean, it could kinda be told by the cover, with her of times dress, but then having the sunglasses in the bodice. That kind of sass, was just so adorable, and fun to read!

I enjoyed to watch Mimi on this journey, to have a modern girl in those times, yeah, just the idea of it is a little bit scary, because one of the first rule, or the very first, is to not mess with the timeline. And being out of time in that extreme, and a teenaged girl, to boot, well, more chance of some messing around!

When we found out the cause of the feud-that Romeo's father had rejected Juliet's mom, well, yeah, it seems a bit much, that over a broken heart that this feud was going on, one that was costing people their lives. It wasn't worth that!

This was a really great book, I enjoyed it a lot!

Author: Suzanne Selfors
Read: March 29th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, and it's a YAHFC novel!
Publisher: Walker and Company
Published: January 22nd 2008
4/5 Hearts
3.5/5 Books
3.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!