Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11 Review: The Name of the Star

From Goodreads:
The day Louisiana teenager Rory Deveaux arrives in London, it's the start of a new life at a boarding school. But for many, this will be remembered as the day a series of brutal murders broke out across the city, gruesome crimes mimicking the horrific Jack the Ripper events of more than a century ago.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book so much! It was just so entertaining, and good, and different, and I just loved the ghosts, and yeah, the mystery, and Rory, and I just can't wait to read more books! This book kicked off a wonderful series!

Rory was spunky and awesome! I just really enjoyed her character! Though the events of this book are probably going to scar and change her, well, time does have a habit of doing that. And just because you're an awesome person, doesn't mean you're immune from that.

I really enjoyed the group, and their dynamics, they were really interesting. And then with that, the mystery of the Jack the Ripper events that are happening now, well, yeah, they were pretty important, seeing who was committing them!

This was a really fantastic book, and I can't wait to read more!

Author: Maureen Johnson
Series: Shades of London #1
Read: March 12th, 2912
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded interesting, and I saw it around.
Publisher: Putnam Juvenile
Published: September 1st 2011
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!