Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 12 Review: Everything You Need to Survive the Apocalypse

From Goodreads:
Phillip's sophomore year is off to a rough start. One of his best friends ditches him for a group of douchebags. His track coach singles him out for personalized, torturous training sessions. And his dad decides to clean out all of the emergency supplies from the basement, even though the world could end in disaster at any moment...and even though those supplies are all Phillip has left of his dead mom. Not that he wants to talk about that.

But then Phillip meets Rebekah. Not only is she unconventionally hot and smart, but she has seriously great boobs. And she might like him back.

As Phillip gets closer to Rebekah, he tries harder and harder to turn himself into the kind of person he thinks she wants him to be. But the question is, can he become that person? And does he really want to?

My Review:
This was a really great book! A great debut, and I enjoyed it a lot! It had some really fun moments, and Lucas was a pretty awesome character to get to know! I just liked spending time to read this book, a lot!

I enjoyed Phillip, he was trying to find out what he believe, who he was, and his place in the world. Complicated by his mother's death-a mother that was pretty doomsday avid. And then there's Rebekah, and he tries to change for her. Advice? Don't change for anyone but yourself.

This book had moments of heartbreak, and it had moments of hilarity, and that balance was really well done, my emotions went on a roller coaster with this book, and I just didn't want to get off-I love roller coasters!

Yeah, this was a really great book, and I can't wait to check out Lucas Krauss next books!

Author: Lucas Krauss
Read: March 22nd-23rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: It sounded good, and it's a DAC book!
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Published: January 3rd 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!