Saturday, March 24, 2012

Week 12 Review: Ironside

From Goodreads:
In the realm of Faerie, the time has come for Roiben's coronation. Uneasy in the midst of the malevolent Unseelie Court, pixie Kaye is sure of only one thing -- her love for Roiben. But when Kaye, drunk on faerie wine, declares herself to Roiben, he sends her on a seemingly impossible quest. Now Kaye can't see or speak to Roiben unless she can find the one thing she knows doesn't exist: a faerie who can tell a lie.

Miserable and convinced she belongs nowhere, Kaye decides to tell her mother the truth -- that she is a changeling left in place of the human daughter stolen long ago. Her mother's shock and horror sends Kaye back to the world of Faerie to find her human counterpart and return her to Ironside. But once back in the faerie courts, Kaye finds herself a pawn in the games of Silarial, queen of the Seelie Court. Silarial wants Roiben's throne, and she will use Kaye, and any means necessary, to get it. In this game of wits and weapons, can a pixie outplay a queen?

Holly Black spins a seductive tale at once achingly real and chillingly enchanted, set in a dangerous world where pleasure mingles with pain and nothing is exactly as it appears.

My Review:

I really loved this book! It was a great ending to the series, one that I enjoyed, and we went back to having Kaye as a narrator, and yeah, having her problems again! Because they're pretty amplified in this book!

Oh, Roiben, that wasn't really nice. But it did it's job, and yeah, that caused a lot of trouble, and conflict, and I just kept wanting to read about it! And that her mom's "horror" yeah, I felt bad for her, but she's raised Kaye. You'd think she'd care about Kaye after all the time that they've been together!

I just loved how clever she was with the riddle, with the differing meanings with lie and lay, and how they go to lying, together, which is weird, but oh, well, and just that she used that to solve the riddle, was just really great!

I really enjoyed this book, and I can't wait to read more Holly Black books!

Author: Holly Black
Series: The Modern Faery Tales #3
Read: March 23rd, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: Must finish the series!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Published: April 24th 2007
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!