Saturday, March 17, 2012

Week 11 Review: The House of Dead Maids

From Goodreads:
Young Tabby Aykroyd has been brought to the dusty mansion of Seldom House to be nursemaid to a foundling boy. He is a savage little creature, but the Yorkshire moors harbor far worse, as Tabby soon discovers. The ghost of the last maid will not leave Tabby in peace, yet this spirit is only one of many. Why do scores of dead maids and masters haunt Seldom House with a jealous devotion that extends beyond the grave? 

As Tabby struggles to escape the evil forces rising out of the land, she watches her young charge choose a different path. He is determined to keep Seldom House as his own. Though Tabby tries to befriend the uncouth urchin, her kindness cannot alter his fate. Long before he reaches the old farmhouse of Wuthering Heights, the boy who will become Heathcliff has doomed himself and any who try to befriend him.

My Review:
This was such a great book! I've enjoyed and loved her other books, and yeah, this was no exception! It was just so good, and so creepy and mysterious, and  yeah, again, I haven't read Wuthering Heights and I won't read it, but this book made me appreciate the fact that it was written, because then we got this!

Yeah, this was a really great book, I enjoyed these different characters, they were interesting, and yeah, they were put in a pretty tough situation! I just wanted to read more! Plus, it was just so creepy, I had chills up and down my spine!

It was sad, that she couldn't save Heathcliff, because she grew to care for him, and yeah, that, with the ending, was just a bit hard to read. But Tabby had a pretty happy ending, considering the rest of the book. It was just Heathcliff that ended up in a not so good place!

I enjoyed this book so much, and yeah, I can't wait to read more!

Author: Clare B. Dunkle
Read: March 11th, 2012
Source: Library
Reason Why: I wanted to, and I really enjoyed her trilogy!
Publisher: Henry Holt and Co. (BYR)
Published: September 14th 2010
5/5 Hearts
45 Books
4.5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!