Sunday, March 25, 2012

Sugar and Spice and Not So Nice: Review

From Goodreads:
Mellow Summers just wanted to go to college and get her film degree. She moved into a furnished apartment with her friend Jackie only to find that it already had a tenant: the ghost of a girl who was murdered a year earlier. Now it is up to Mellow to not only discover who the murderer is, but to prove it as well. 

With the help of the ghost Rachel, Mellow sets out to solve the year old mystery. She soon finds out that she may have taken on more than she can handle. Pursued by someone who wants the identity of the killer to remain a secret, Mellow will have to use all her resources to outwit him and help the spirit of Rachel move on.

My Review:
I enjoyed this book a lot! I liked the paranormal aspect, the mystery, and yeah, these characters and this world! Yeah, this was a really good, enjoyable book, though it's self-published status stood out a bit.

Like in the cover. The cover is more for a YA version, and seems like the elements just came together a bit weirdly. Yeah, the models on the cover, they seem younger then college aged. So yeah, I didn't agree with the cover.

Yeah, Rachel was a really awesome person to get to know, and seeing as it's the first book in a series, that we might be able to see her some more! And I liked that, I enjoyed getting to know her, who while the cover makes her look a bit like a mean girl, she wasn't really!

I enjoyed this book a lot, and I think I'll have to check out more!

Author: Janet McNulty
Series: The Mellow Summers #1
Read: March 25th, 2012
Source: Virtual Tour Cafe Review Copy
Reason Why: I wanted to!
Publisher: Createspace
Published: January 26th 2012
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4/5 Stars



Bio:
I live in West Virginia and began construction on Legends Lost Amborese ten years ago while in high school. At the time it was merely a few pages of notes in a notebook. I continued working on the story of Amborese while in college in the hope of publishing it. That day came in August 2011 when the book was first printed.

I keep myself busy writing the second novel in the Legends Lost trilogy. And I have three cats to keep me on task.

I have also published in the area of nonfiction Illogical Nonsense. I had never planned on writing nonfiction, but when I had the chance to write a political commentary book, I took it. I enjoyed it and hope that it is insightful to any who read it.

Besides writing I also read, hike, and crochet. Every once in awhile a girl needs a break and these are great past times.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:


Stops on the Tour:
March 1 - Meet & Greet at VBT Cafe' Blog
March 5 - Guest Blogging at AZ Publishing Services
March 7 - Interviewed at Immortality and Beyond
March 12 - Guest Blogging at Mass Musings
March 16 - Review & Interviewed at From The TBR Pile
March 20 - Reviewed & Guest Blogging at Waiting on Sunday to Drown
March 22 - Guest Blogging with Cindy Vine
March 24 - Interviewed at Writing Innovations E-zine
March 26 - Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy
March 28 - Guest Blogging at Immortyl Revolution
March 30 - Guest Blogging at Wise Words
March 30 - Interviewed by Louise James

April 3 - Interviewed at MK McClintock's Blog
April 5 - Reviewed at Natalie Nicole Bates Blog
April 11 - Interviewed at Unnecessary Musings
April 13 - Guest Blogging at Ami Blackwelder's Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!