Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Immortal Becoming: Review

From Goodreads:
Shane Einar is a five hundred year old Volaticus Elven warrior, sworn to duty and honor. His species has inhabited the earth since the beginning of time. The sources of vampire, elf and fairy myths, Volaticus are in reality something altogether different. He never expected to meet Jess Reed. A female living amongst humanity completely unaware that she is Hulven, a human/Elven hybrid race of Volaticus, or that she is on the cusp of Becoming into her Elven traits. Shane should turn Jess over to the Symbiosis of Species Council, SOSC. His attraction to her along with her ability to enrapture him with a smile bars him from it. He rightly suspects that this female is his bloodmate. 

Jess had always been psychic, a painful and confusing fact of her life. With Shane’s loving support she learns to control her abilities and discovers the psychically enlightened species that share this world. 

Together they sacrifice the power of their bloodmating in the battle to save females from breeding cages under the control of an Elven rogue.

My Review:
What a great book! I really enjoyed the mythology, with the 3 enlightened races, and all the cool things that they could do!  And I really enjoyed Jess and Shane's romance, it was pretty heavy duty, with a deep love, and the whole rare bloodmate thing, well, that was really cool!

I wish there'd been a bit of a confrontation with Jess's adoptive mom, because the character did say that she was worried, and then had more time with her brother and her friend, that would've been nice, but she was busy with the whole "save the females and the children they were broodmares for" situation, and all, and her Becoming.

I really enjoyed the plot, where the action upped, and the romance was really good, with the different species, and the various stories, and I really loved, so I hope you guys check it out!

Author: Wendy Hales
Series: The Enlightened Species #1
Read: March 18th-20th, 2012
Source: Virtual Tour Cafe Review Copy
Reason Why: It sounded interesting!
Publisher: Self-Published
Published: February 2nd 2012
 
5/5 Hearts
4/5 Books
4.5/5 Stars

Bio:
During my hectic life of working and raising children the call of a story in my mind was not always welcome. The niggling character or plot that refused to leave my thoughts until I would sit down a write something … a synopsis, character profile, anything to relieve the creative pressure. With my children grown, and my husbands loving support I dove head first into the depths of my passion and lifelong dream … writing. It was like a floodgate opened in my soul.


I look out at the Rocky Mountain from my window in Utah. I have been blessed with an amazing family and wonderful friends. My husband and I own a small local coffee shop. I enjoy boating golfing, reading and spending time with my family.

Contact and Buy AKA Links:



Stops on the Tour:
February 27 - Tour Kickoff Party at VBT Cafe' Blog
February 29 - Guest Blogging at This Author's Life
March 3 - Interviewed at Written in Blood
March 5 - Guest Blogging with Ami Blackwelder
March 7 - Guest Blogging at Live To Read
March 9 - Reviewed at Time For Mommy
March 12 - Reviewed at Kindling The Fire
March 15 - Interviewed at Reviews & Interviews
March 19 - Character Interview at Hywela's Romance That's Out of This World
March 22 - Reviewed at Words I Write Crazy
March 23 -  Reviewed at E-Reading on the Cheap
March 26 - Interviewed at Brenda & Steve's Blog
March 28 - Guest Blogging at Ink Spots and Roses
March 30 - Guest Blogging at AZ Publishing Services
March 31 -Review & Character Interview at For the Love of Reading
April 2 - Interviewed at Unnecessary Musings

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for reviewing Immortal Becoming and hosting my VTB stop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem :) I really enjoyed reading Immortal Beloved :)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!